Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Thumbs down

One thing – probably the only thing – I have in common with Hollywood uber-babe Megan Fox, is that we both have stumpy thumbs. Apparently they are known as “clubbed thumbs” but I’m sure we can come up with a better name for them than that.

Anyway. This made me very sad. Ms Fox used a thumb double in an ad that played during the Superbowl.

Way to blow your chance to stand up for thumbly-challenged people everywhere, Fox.

UPDATE
Wow - there's a blog dedicated to club thumbs! They even had a poll for what we should call them. I don't mind "royal thumbs" and there's a nice, menacing ring to "murderer's thumbs". Yes, according to the wisdom of palmistry (I dabbled, at around age nine), the stub thumb:

owing to the thickness, courseness and brutal obstinacy shown, has been designated the murderer’s thumb. This clubbed thumb shows terrific obstinacy … They are dangerous companions however not to be trifled with.

Yikes!

No comments:

Post a Comment