Sunday, October 10, 2010

Chopper

Swore that no bikes would be purchased on this side of the world until gainful employment has been secured, but my resolve is being sorely tested almost constantly. Not only by the fact that all my new pals have bikes and get to do all this fun stuff that's not quite the same without wheels. But also by the steady stream of amazing bikes in full flight and chained up to every street surface... colourful vintage Schwinns, cute pink Huffys, chic black Dutch style bikes and insouciant fixies. Here in Brooklyn whole flocks of hipsters cruelly flaunt their steeds at speed, while I plod the sidewalks and try to swallow my envy.

This chopper isn't quite my size, but it's nonetheless a little stab to the heart each time I pass it on my new street....

No comments:

Post a Comment