Thursday, September 9, 2010

Stamp duty

One of the most exciting things about starting a real job, at least for a stationery-fetishising nerd like yours truly, was getting my paws on my first business cards. Clearly the excitement of seeing your name in print needn't be limited to bylines!

I always feel there's a small glamour to being able to dole out your details to those deemed deserving... Perhaps the impulse of some of my dormitory contemporaries to write their number on clothes pegs and pin them to suitors at school socials, was not so far removed from Dickensian and Austen-tatious ladies leaving calling cards when making visits in society?

Anyway. I didn't want to give up the idea of business cards just because I'm currently between businesses! I needed something flexible and a bit different. So... until my situation is permanent enough to justify some gorgeous old-fashioned letterpress on gorgeous paper, I'll be making my stamp on whatever works - calling cards, stationery, prints of my photos, new acquaintances' wrists... I'll be like a roaming door bitch...

No comments:

Post a Comment