Tuesday, May 18, 2010

The opposite of this

It's been raining for like two straight days. When you can't celebrate such weather properly, ie by snuggling under the doona, drinking endless cups of Earl Grey and listening to Beach House, it's quite miserable. Come back sun!

PS anyone in Sydney who likes a bit of photography should come to our Slide Night on Thursday evening. It's at Tusculum House in Potts Point, it's free, we'll have beers and popcorn and possibly jaffas for that authentic old school cinema feel. Just RSVP to walkleys@walkleys.com.

There are about 20 different photographers' work on show and I can't even pick a favourite, there's so much good stuff. Ok, I think maybe Braden Fastier's amazing images of New Zealand curling teams are possibly my favourite. Or Dave Tacon's series about IKEA in Shanghai - the Chinese people find the store so exotic they take families and dates there just to hang out, like a weird Swedish theme park. Or maybe Krystle Wright's shots from the World Elephant Polo Championships - yeah, that's a real thing. Just come and see for yourself!

1 comment:

  1. Hi Clare, I love Sydney! Beautiful, friendly city. I was there in 2008 and wish I could have cycled around the city. It seemed impossible to rent and get around on bike though. See more cyclists on the streets now?

    My other favorite mode of transport when I was in Sydney: the ferry. So much fun! :)

    Cheers,
    Christa

    ReplyDelete