Monday, June 21, 2010

I've made a huge mistake...

This little guy hanging in the mexican restaurant reminded me so much of renowned nevernude analrapist Tobias Funke, I had to take a photo. In the sober light of day, however, the mustache is really the only resemblence. Which raises the disturbing question of why I'm projecting a TV character I haven't seen since my last Arrested Development marathon - approximately three years ago - onto restaurant decor after sixteen glasses of red.

Oh, Tobias. Nobody, but nobody, will ever be as inappropriate as you.


Tobias Fünke: Okay, Lindsay, are you forgetting that I was a professional twice over - an analyst and a therapist. The world's first analrapist.

Tobias Fünke: No, no, it's pronounced a-nal-ra-pist.
Buster: It wasn't really the pronunciation that bothered me.

Michael Bluth: You know what you do? You go buy yourself a tape recorder and record yourself for a whole day. You might be surprised at some of your phrasing.
Tobias Fünke: Butterscotch. Wanna lick?

Narrator: Tobias listens to a day's worth of his own words, to see what Michael was referring to...
Tobias Fünke: [on tape] ... even if it means me taking a chubby, I will suck it up.
Tobias Fünke: Nothing wrong with that.
Tobias Fünke: [on tape] Oh, I've been in the film business for a while, but I just can't seem to get one in the can.
Tobias Fünke: It's out of context.
Tobias Fünke: [on tape] I wouldn't mind kissing that man between the cheeks.
Narrator: ...and he realized there is something distinct about the way he speaks.
Tobias Fünke: Tobias, you blowhard. [chuckles]

No comments:

Post a Comment